The definitions contained in the
terms and conditions
We recognise and respect the importance of protecting the privacy of visitors to our Site. Please read the following carefully to understand HerMoJo’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- Information we may collect from you
- In order to facilitate the Services, we need to collect personal details about you when you register or post a Listing on the Site. This may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and other basis information, and in the case of Listings we will also collect relevant details about Provider services, as well as contact details for such Providers.
- By registering your details on the Site, you consent to us contacting you via email, telephone or post, with relevant information pertaining to the Services. We will not share, trade or sell your information to any third party not directly associated with its proper use within the Site, expect when you give us explicit permission and we give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
- IP address and Cookies
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to your advertisers. This is statistical data about users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive on your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests and location;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to our Site;
- You can remove cookies from your computer at any time, and choose to disable cookies in your internet browsing settings. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
- Where we store your personal data
- We may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) for processing and storing, or it may be processed by staff operating outside the EAA. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- How we use information that we collect
- The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide the Services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services; and
- to notify you about changes to our Site, such as improvements or service changes that may affect our Services.
- [If you do not want your information used in such ways you will have the opportunity to withhold your consent to this when you provide details to us on the registration form on which we collect your personal information].
- HerMoJo will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to advertisers, but they may be provided to them with aggregate information about users.
- Disclosure of your information
- We will not disclose your information to any third parties unless we are legally required to do so.
- Access to Information
- The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you.
- Third Party Websites
- Our site may contain links to third party websites. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.